During the run up to Christmas 2014, Bridgwater Guy Fawkes Carnival Committee are hoping to raise hundreds of pounds for local charities and organisations by taking a themed carnival cart around the supermarkets and streets of Bridgwater and Sedgemoor.
Appearing on the decorated cart will be Father Christmas who will be handing out sweets to the children, and festive music will help residents, spectators and shoppers get into the Christmas spirit. Accompanying the cart will be collectors from the relevant charities all hoping to receive massive boosts to their fundraising efforts.
The cart will be appearing at the following confirmed locations:-
- Friday 12 December – North Petherton (evening)
- Saturday 13 December – Morrisons (daytime) / Durleigh (evening)
- Sunday 14 December – Morrisons (daytime) / Wembdon (evening)
- Friday 19 December – Woolavington and Puriton (evening)
- Saturday 20 December – Chilton Street (evening)
- Sunday 21 December – ASDA (daytime) / Westonzoyland (evening)
- Monday 22 December – Parkway (evening)
The charities and organisations to benefit from the cart’s activities include: Bridgwater Hospital League of Friends, Bridgwater Rotary Club, Bridgwater Lions International, Cancer Research UK and local carnival clubs.
Over the last five years, Bridgwater Guy Fawkes Carnival Committee has raised over £22,000 for local charities and causes through its Christmas cart activities.